Friday 1 May 2015

What's happening now...

I received my manuscript back from my editor, Allister Thompson (allisterthompson.com), this week! I was hard at work going through his edits...I may have a few bad habits when it comes to grammar :)

Allister is absolutely wonderful! He is extremely helpful and exceptional at what he does. He made all the necessary changes while preserving my style of writing. He also gave me very positive feedback. 

I am trying to determine a release date but this is such a new process for me. I am learning as I go. I am  planning for June 1st...I don't want to officially announce it until I know I can make it happen. Most of the final steps that need to be taken, are out of my control.

I sent my book to a few *beta readers to review it for me and then it needs a final proof before I can begin the process of getting it formatted for the different ebook applications as well as paperback for Amazon's "Print on Demand" option. In a week or two I hope to have a better idea of the time frame I need to complete all the steps. 

I will keep you posted!

  1. *Beta readers are not explicitly proofreaders or editors, but can serve in that context. Elements highlighted by beta readers encompass things such as plot holes, problems with continuity, characterisation or believability; in fiction and non-fiction, the beta might also assist the author with fact-checking.

No comments: