Tuesday 24 February 2015

Self Doubt...Human nature? or just annoying?

At this stage in the game I often wonder if I am suffering from what I like to call "American Idol Syndrome." (The delusional belief that our talent is better than what the world will perceive) So far only my family and close friends have read my writing, who are of course always supportive and encouraging.

Though, I wonder when I put myself out there how I will be received by people who are not emotionally invested in me. Mind you, it will not stop me. I am committed either way. If I am truly suffering from the illusion that I have what it takes to be a successful writer I guess I will find out. Then I have no choice but to post an angry video of myself telling everyone that "Just you wait. I will be better than everyone else. Then we will see who is laughing!" At least I will entertain a few people.

What's the point of life if you don't take chances anyway...Stay tuned :)

No comments: