Tuesday 15 December 2015

What I am writing now...

I have been making good progress on my romantic suspense I have been working on. I am wrapping up what will be the first draft of book one. It is my first attempt at a series. I am really excited about it.
It has several points of view as the story unfolds. Today I finished up a chapter from the dark character. My tendency is to to dive right into just how evil he is...I am not sure if I am pushing the boundaries too far but I really want readers to love to hate him. What do you think? Here is a little sneak peek...

"John let a sly smile curl his lips before he looked down at his hand. He ran his fingers over the rings that lined his fingers. He slowly turned them, lining the emblems up on the inside of his open palm. He looked up to see Mary watching him with a desperate plea in her eyes. John reeled his hand back and slapped his open palm across Mary’s face. Her scream excited him. He had always reveled in the sound of her cries. It had been too long and his groin responded in hot fury. Blood dripped from her lip, running down her chin and dripping on the exposed skin on her chest before sliding down toward her cleavage. His drank in the site like the sweet taste of liquor that warmed his stomach. He would never let her leave him again. She was his and he would make her pay for turning on him."

No comments: